The Board has established two standing committees (each with a clear purpose and terms of reference) to assist it in the responsible discharge of its duties.
Audit and Finance Committee
- Monitor the annual and quarterly statements, returns, capital adequacy and any other public financial reports or disclosures of Orange Benefit Fund.
- Monitor the activities of Orange Benefit Fund including investment activities which may have impact on its financial well‑being.
- Monitor financial reporting internal control procedures.
- Monitor the work of the external auditor of Orange Benefit Fund.
- Develop the approach of Orange Benefit Fund to matters of corporate governance policy and make recommendations to the Board with respect to such matters.
- Monitor the Board on the effectiveness of the Board as a whole and the Committees of the Board.
- Consider the mandates of the Committees of the Board, selection and rotation of Committee members and chairpersons, and make related recommendations to the Board.
- Monitor the Director orientation and governance education program of the Board.
- Consider the appropriate compensation to be paid to members of the Board and make related recommendations.
The Board conducts a self‑evaluation each year with the objective of improving its own work. Its purpose is to allow Board members to better understand their own roles and responsibilities and how they can fulfill their obligations effectively. The process emphasizes development of the Board’s team building skills, provision for a structure for problem solving and increased accountability within the organization.
Michael Strain, CPA, CA
Chief Executive Officer & Corporate Secretary
Tara Sadler, CPA, CA, CPA (Illinois)
Chief Financial Officer
Director Sales and Marketing
View the detailed Bylaws by downloading the Bylaws to file them with your policy.